Since we began in 2013, Collide has built a strong reputation for high-quality storytelling dance that resonates with broad, multi-generational community audiences. Last season we performed for audiences of 4,100. Our audience base includes those attending via our Dance Pass free/reduced ticket program–youth, adults with disabilities, seniors, veterans, and other underserved groups–as well as loyal season subscribers and general community patrons. We are based in the Twin Cities and in 2021 began performing in greater MN, including Alexandria, St. Cloud, and Hastings.
Our 26 original productions consistently receive positive reviews from Twin Cities media. Surveys help us understand what audiences want to see, and artists have creative voice in shaping these themes with movement and music. Recent audience comments include: “I really appreciate Collide’s unique role in the performing landscape” and “your shows make me think about broader world issues.”
The four most important values for Collide are:
• Artistic Excellence: We strive to create original dance theater productions of the highest caliber.
• Artistic Support: We have a long-standing commitment to support our artists through continuing education, career development, and opportunities.
• Accessibility: We create work that is fundamentally accessible. Our productions are easily understood, fiscally attainable, and created for multi-generational audiences. We are dedicated to equity and diversity, and we strive to remove barriers that prevent historically excluded populations from attending our shows or dancing with us.
• Respect: Creative work and collaboration is grown and nurtured from a place of mutual respect and appreciation.
Annual Budget: $350,000 – Earned Income, Government Grants or Contracts, Other
Collide Theatrical Dance is seeking individuals who identify as BIPOC and can reflect the demographics of our community and patron base and/or work for corporate giving institutions with skills in the following areas:
- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 13
- Meeting time and frequency: 6 meetings annually
- Meeting location: St. Paul
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: No
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Committees: Executive, Finance
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes