Since 1985, the Sexual Violence Center has provided community-based advocacy to victims and survivors of sexual violence. Our advocacy support is available to those residing in Carver, Hennepin, and Scott counties.
SVC meets victims/survivors with a range of services including: 24-hour crisis support line, individual, in-person counseling, support groups, hospital support, legal advocacy, as well as community education and advocacy to change systems, attitudes, and beliefs that perpetuate violence.
Annual Budget: $1 million – Foundations, Individual Contributions, Government Grants or Contracts
The Sexual Violence Center is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Management and Leadership
Because we are a small and active board, the most important quality of any candidate is a commitment and passion for SVC’s mission, and a willingness to energetically engage and support the organization.
- Number of members currently: 5
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Virtual
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: No
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Committees: Executive, Finance, Governance
- Length of Term: 2 Years
- Renewable: Yes