Three Rivers Montessori School offers an authentic Montessori education to families living in Elk River, surrounding communities, and those living within School District 728. Montessori Philosophy and environmentalism go hand-in hand, therefore the school will align its objectives with those of Elk River as a Green Step City since 2010, and with Osprey Wilds, to instill a connection and commitment to the environment through experiential learning.
- Board Development:
- Expand Board to include technical skills necessary for school expansion and ongoing stability.
- Establish consistent easily accessible communication channels with families regarding educational programs and activities.
- Increase physical capacity of building to meet budgetary needs over the next three years.
- All teachers are Montessori trained or enrolled in a training program by Fall 2021.
- Ensure appropriate class size for particular spaces.
Annual Budget: $1.2 million – Government Grants or Contracts, Other (Publicly funded)
Three Rivers Montessori Charter School is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Facilities and Real Estate
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Number of members currently: 5
- Meeting time and frequency: 12 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Northern Suburbs
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes
- Time Expectation: Up to 8 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: No
- Service on Committee Required: No
- Committees: Finances, Governance, Other
- Length of Term: 3 Years
- Renewable: Yes