Download the position description as a pdf.
Propel Nonprofit’s mission is to fuel the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise, and capital. This mission is in service to a vision of a diverse network of mission-driven nonprofits building a healthy, vibrant, and more just community.
To help us drive this mission in the nonprofit community, we are searching for a Salesforce Intern. The Salesforce Intern will gain experience using, managing, and administrating a Salesforce instance in a nonprofit setting. The intern will be exposed to multiple aspects a CRM system while working to support our externally focused program teams and our internally focused support team.
Main responsibilities for the Salesforce Intern include, but is not limited to:
- Assist with data cleanup and analysis
- Form & Report Creation
- Salesforce configuration and managements
- Basic scripting & queries
- Attend meetings and collaboration discussions
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user issues
Possible projects for the Salesforce Intern may include:
- Grants Management Module set up
- Help Desk Creation
- Data Model Configuration
- Integration with Accounting Systems
Required Skills, Abilities and Attributes for the Salesforce Intern includes:
- Experience using Excel
- Experience using Salesforce
- Basic Programming Skills (any high-level language)
- Attention to detail and good organizational & planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing demands
- Professional development experiences may include trainings, workshops, team meetings, and events and can be tailored to the intern’s goals and field of study.
- Academic credit may be available through an academic department or program.
- Learn about the nonprofit sector, data management, and project management.
Reports to: Sr IT Manager, Propel Nonprofits
Classification: Intern, temporary, non-exempt
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
Schedule: 30 hours/week; flexibly scheduled; approximately 12 weeks, May – August 2023
We recognize that qualified applicants will include a range of people who will each require different support in order to be successful. Currently, we are working from home, and we are committed to making sure that each staff member has the technology and programs they need to be successful. If you have a cognitive or physical disability that requires accommodation or specific support, we will provide what is reasonable within the organization’s capacity.
If this role sounds like your ideal position, we would love to hear from you! Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Propel Nonprofits is a mandatory vaccination workplace, with proof of vaccination required as a condition of employment. Employees may request an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations may be granted where they do not cause Propel Nonprofits undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others. New employees must be fully vaccinated or be granted an accommodation prior to beginning employment.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-249-6677.