- Applications open: Thursday, September 17
- Application Deadline: October 8 by 5 pm
- Community RFP informational webinar: September 24, 2020; watch a recording of the webinar here.
- Grantees announced: Week of October 19
- Awards announced: Week of October 26
Organization Eligibility Criteria
The primary organization eligibility criteria are:
- Existing Minnesota nonprofits or fiscally sponsored organizations led by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and serving BIPOC communities. Defined as:
- Executive Director identifies as BIPOC, OR 50 percent of voting board members identify as BIPOC
- Organizational budget size between $100,000 to $2 million
- Organization has been in operation a minimum of 1 year
Anticipated Grant Term and Amount
Propel Nonprofits has funds available to support 15-20 organizations in their recovery from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The anticipated grant terms and goals are:
- Award between 15-20 grants (at least half of grants will go to organizations with a budget under $500,000)
- Award grants up to $13,000
- Provide post-award technical assistance to grantees in financial administration and other nonprofit finance, strategy, and governance areas for 6-month term
RFP Review Process
Propel Nonprofits staff will review and select the grant recipients. The team will ensure that applicants meet the organizational eligibility criteria. In addition to these base requirements, other priorities will guide the selection process.
- Support both organizations in Greater Minnesota and the Twin Cities
- Support multiple BIPOC communities
- Support organizations that provide different types of services – arts, workforce development, education, etc.
- Support both established and smaller, growing organizations whose work is relevant to current community needs
There will be no firm requirements for these priorities; they will guide the selection process. Knowing that different factors, such as the number of applicants, can make balancing some of these priorities difficult, our intent is to be equitable across priority areas to organizations most impacted by COVID-19.
Applying for the grant
All proposals must be submitted using the online form by Thursday, October 8, 2020, at 5 pm. No late applications will be accepted.
Note: You are not able to save your progress on the online form once you begin.
612.249.6700 | email@example.com