Propel has a staff of 32 people across the areas of Accounting and Finance, Capacity Building, Development, Lending, Marketing, Strategic Services, Training, and Administration. The people who work at Propel bring a variety of perspectives and experiences coupled with years of experience working in the nonprofit sector. Our core values and guiding principles show up in our organization as we work to fuel the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise, and capital.
If you see a job below that lines up with your skills and interests, we hope you’ll consider taking a closer look. If there’s nothing listed below, we don’t have any openings at this time – stay updated on our open positions by subscribing to our email list. Thanks for your interest in working at Propel Nonprofits.
Loan Fund Associate
Download the job description as PDF
Are you interested in championing the work of nonprofits in Propel Nonprofits’ service area? The Loan Fund Associate plays an integral role in ensuring the success of Propel’s $37 million loan fund. The Loan Fund Associate is responsible for supporting our team of lenders, the portfolio director and loan fund director and will assist in a range of lending activities – including loan department reporting, loan payments, credit analysis, gathering data, managing data quality and more.
Reports to: Portfolio Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Essential Job Functions
The following list is not designed to comprise a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Provide excellent support to team members, gathering data, managing data quality and reporting lending-related data to various stakeholders as well as providing general operational program support.
- Manage client pipeline, application and approval data in Salesforce.
- Assist with regular quality control checks of loan files to ensure completeness and compliance after the closing and funding of the loan.
- Coordinate orders for services and payment on accounts for title insurance, UCC filings, and legal searches, working closely with lenders.
- Manage the monthly billing process for loan clients.
- Respond to client queries and data requests and coordinate logistics for weekly team and monthly loan committee meetings.
- Learn fundamentals of credit analysis, loan products and programs; develop an understanding of loan and underwriting practices and procedures.
- Work with Portfolio Director to maintain quality of data across all systems.
- Participate in program development, as well as setting and meeting individual, team and organizational goals.
- Other duties as assigned or required to meet program and organizational needs.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values of Propel Nonprofits and the nonprofit sector.
- Aptitude for and interest in working with numbers and financial concepts.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with proven time-management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and act within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to use various programs and tools effectively, including databases and spreadsheet applications to analyze and report data.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to clients – both internal and external.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in work process and product.
Education and Other Training:
- Associate degree is preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Some experience or coursework in business or finance is a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience in database use and management
- Aptitude for technology and familiarity with Microsoft Office
We offer excellent compensation and benefits, including:
- Annual salary range of $41,000 – $47,000 depending on experience
- 32 PTO days per calendar year (prorated your first year)
- 12 personal holidays per calendar year (prorated your first year)
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule in a hybrid work environment
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health savings account
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Basic and supplemental term life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Other voluntary insurance benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
We recognize that qualified applicants will include a range of people who will each require different support in order to be successful. Propel operates with a remote/office hybrid environment and we are committed to making sure that each staff member has the technology and programs they need to be successful. If you have a cognitive or physical disability that requires accommodation or specific support, we will provide what is reasonable within the organization’s capacity.
Propel Nonprofits is a mandatory vaccination workplace, with proof of vaccination required as a condition of employment. Employees may request an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations may be granted where they do not cause Propel Nonprofits undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others. New employees must be fully vaccinated or be granted an accommodation prior to beginning employment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume latest by 5 pm CST on Monday, June 19th, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Loan Fund Associate.”
Propel Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer.